Select Page

Nadia Fanou Tosse

Nadia Fanou Tosse graduated with a degree in Business Administration.  Below, she reflects on her time at WSU.

Why did you choose WSU?

I chose WSU because after researching the environment, it felt safe place compared to other Universities, and it seemed quiet and had the tools to help me reach my number one goal.

What was your favorite part of your WSU experience?

WSU is very welcoming. They have enough resources to help students reach their goals. WSU is a friendly environment.

Why you are proud to attend/graduate from WSU?

I was very scared my first year. Been 19 years and leaving all your family behind to go after your own dream was a big challenge for me. Many quit but I am here. Many times I wanted to give up but the support I received from my friends and mentors helped me.

Who were some of your mentors at WSU?

The Dean of the College of Business, Dr. Hamid Akbari, and Carmen Mahlum. Both help me a lot throughout my years in Winona. They encouraged me and helped me boost my confidence and believe in myself. Sometimes you need someone to believe in you when you least believe in yourself. They both believed in me.

Do you have any advice for your peers?

There comes a time when we leave our loved ones and go on this journey, No one said it was going to be easy but we have to remember that the ending is worth it. We create our future and if you have the opportunity to create your future today, please do so. Take advantage of this time to become the most amazing version of yourself.

What are your plans for after college?

I plan on working for a year, then I intend to go to graduate school to get my MBA in Project Management