The University Professional and Continuing Education Association (UPCEA) is one of the leading organizations for professionals who provide professional, continuing, and online education.
During this time of COVID-19, UPCEA began weekly Ask Me Anything (AMA) virtual chats focused on specific topics, such as quick conversion to online teaching, implications on Summer programming, Enrollment and Marketing, and Continuing Education and Customized Training.
In her AMA session, Kingston shared insights on non-credit, pre-college summer, and the online summer term.
Conversations during the session received touched on the use of the WSU Keep Teaching, Keep Learning, and Keep Working sites and accompanying wiki manuals to help their faculty, staff, and students continue their work and learning experiences through the summer term.
Kingston has been involved with UPCEA on a number of levels, including:
- Presentations at regional and national conferences
- Working with national colleagues to curate professional development resources for online faculty to provide a more comprehensive online experience.
- Participated as a member in the Online Administrative Network
- Reviewer for the Competency and Attribute Statements for Professional, Continuing, and Online Practitioners.
Kingston shared, “I’m excited to be part of the UPCEA organization. Their dedication to promoting excellence and furthering the awareness of professional and continuing education has enabled me to enhance my own leadership in supporting online and continuing education at Winona State”.
Latest posts by Elizabeth Berres (see all)
- Kiehne Serves as a Winona Area Chamber Ambassador - May 28, 2020
- Kingston Provides Expertise with UPCEA Colleagues - May 5, 2020
- Kiehne represents WSU as Workforce Readiness Advocate for Winona SHRM - March 26, 2020